Monday, 25 February 2013

SS '13 in 13 #3

Boo, its the last in the series of my Spring Summer Trends. I know a lot you already will know the trends from the endless features in magazines, but its always helpful to be reminded of them and see different takes on the key looks of the season. If you fancy seeing the previous two posts click here, but this week I've saved my favourite trends for last.
SS 13 3a


I think this season the trends are perfect for anyone. If you weren't won over by the neon brights, the candy hues may be a bit more up your street. I would definitely go the whole 1950's house wive style with this, making it very lady like and demure. Aldo has some really beautiful accessories in pastel tones perfect for spring summer weddings.
SS '13 3b


Following on from candy colours is another lady like detail, this time focusing on accessories. Bags with top handles are key to the hollywood heroine look. I have the biggest crush on the Mulberry Bryn, so fingers crossed the high street hurry up and make some good dupes.
SS '13 #3c


First there was cinema, then television followed, so it was only a matter of time this trend transferred into fashion. 3D flowers were everywhere on the catwalks, from embroidery to full on petals. I can't wait to dress this up for a really girly festival look! Miss Selfridges have some beautiful dresses and definitely check out Crown & Glory or Dolly Bow Bow for a crown.
SS 13 #3d


There definitely seems to be a strong Asian theme this season. Think obi belts, kimono sleeves and origami pleats. I'm on the hunt for a lovely embroidered kimono to cover up my arms on cool summer nights.
ss 13 3e


Lastly are the two keys shapes of the season; cocoon & trapeze. To help you differentiate I've put all the trapeze items on the top row, and the cocoon on the bottom. These shapes are so flattering and wearable, I really urge everyone to have a go! I'd recommend buy subtle pieces as an investment, as these shapes are classics that will just keep appearing time and time again.

What are your favourite trends for this season? Have you snapped up any pieces yet?

2 comments:

  1. Love the handbags xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I'm loving monochrome and pastel!

    A little bit Unique

    x


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tap out a comment. I read every single one and it really does brighten up my day when I know someone out there is one my wavelength.

xoxo
J